Spring Inspiration

Spring is finally here! There were days when I thought it would never come! I was bound and determined to post some inspiration today since I have been down with a bug for almost 3 weeks now. I spent my entire birthday with a fever and chills in bed. (I am NOT counting my birthday this year because of it!) Today temperatures should reach 65 and the sun is already peeking out from behind a few puffy clouds. It's going to be a very good day.


A VIntage White - Blusheded

Today's inspiration is about accent colors. The premise of the "A Vintage White style" revolves around neutral basics (whether it be tans, creams or whites). With each new season I love to change out my accessories with an accent color to breathe new life into my surroundings. The thought behind my style of decorating is that basics will serve you for quite a few years and if they are a non-neutral color, I find myself tiring of them after a short while and then either having to doll out a lot of cash to replace them or worse yet, living with them after my mind and heart tell me I am over them (brutal). So I invest in good basics in neutrals and add seasonal accent colors (I choose pale colors) to freshen it up. Seasonal accents are usually less expensive and are so fun to shop for. Above you will see that I put together a composition with my favorite accent color of blush - a soft blend of pinky peach. In future posts I will be adding compositions with various other accent colors to show how versatile and refreshing decorating with the basic "A VIntage White style" can be.



What is your favorite accent color?


Wishing you and yours a happy Spring!
xoxo
Trisha

3 comments

awal.ny said...

For me the accent color is the color of my flowers that I bring in for Spring. Purple, the fragrant smell of Lilacs, pink, the moppy head of peonies and roses, green and the smell of fresh cut grass and white, the spireas that surround my home. Your pictures are beautiful.

Summer Gypsy said...

Hi,
So nice to meet you and your blog. This is my first visit, and it is like being on a retreat. I love everything that I have read and seen so far, but I especially enjoyed your post on Magnolia Pearl. I am off to visit that heARTful lady...but, first, I must linger awhile longer here. Have a blessed day!
Happy Spring!
:)Marilyn

Tammy@Simple Southern Happiness said...

So elegant, nothing is more lovely than crisp white monogrammed linen. I will be back for a longer visit if you don't mind. I machine embroider linen but have not tried it by hand.

You have such a lovely inviting site.
Have a blessed day.