Em's Heart

It's no secret that I am extremely fond of vintage linens and lace, and I couldn't resist showing you this exquisite piece.


It is yet another rare vintage find (and unfortunately already sold) from Em's Heart

This antique needlelace runner is an extraordinary piece of Venetian needlelace and contains 4 scenes depicting a couple in period dress that changes from scene to scene. 

The urns of flowers are in needle and hand made net lace.  It is trimmed with a Reticella needlelace.   From the Late 19th century. 

I know why these gorgeous pieces never last long at Em's Heart. If you are a lover of linens, as I am, stop by and vist  Em's Heart. 

12 comments

Sandra said...

Aaah, very pretty! I love crochet and lace linens! Timeless beauty!

Jojo said...

These are gorgeous. Ten years ago or so I took a bobbin lacemaking course and loved it. The class gave me such an appreciation of the work that goes into making a piece of lace. With machinery technology we forget the handwork that used to go into these works of art.

sylvia said...

you are so right it is extremely beautiful!!

Chrissy...The Apothecary Shop said...

Hi there.... been awhile since I was here, your blog is looking sooo lovely...that lace is breathtaking!!! Hope you are well, Chrissy

Susie said...

Trisha, This is such a breathtaking piece. I am coo coo over beautiful laces, especially vintage.So feminine.
Susie
The Polka Dot Rose

{Bellamere Cottage} said...

WOW!!! I've never seen anything like it.....FAB!!!

Blessings,
Spencer

Sandy~Romantique Inspirations~ said...

Oh, this is soooo beautiful.. I would of loved to have had this for myself!

FrenchGardenHouse said...

Isn't this a to die for piece? sigh. What a lovely post!
xo Lidy

Susan - InHerOwnWords said...

Trisha these are lovely. Timeless and elegant!

Much success with this new venture. I wish you all the best!

Susan
www.myvintagecharm.com
www.myvintagecharm.typepad.com

The French Bear said...

One can never get tired of linen and lace can we? It's all beautiful!! Love your blog name, I love all things white, vintage and old!!!
Cheers,
Margaret B

Andrea said...

That is so prettY! I love vintage linens too!

Glenda said...

Miss your blogging hope you return soon.

Ciao